First of all, let me make it clear that I am not making any money nor have I been asked to talk about this product or review it. This is simply me, wanting to share something I like with you. We all heard that consuming probiotics helps regulate our digest system, keeps us regular and it is good for our overall health and immune system. This is just another way you can get your daily dose of healthy bacteria!
So what is Yakult?
Here is what I know about it:
- Yakult contains it's own probiotic (live, friendly bacteria) called Lactobacillus casei.
- That means you cannot get it from any other products, even yogurts.
- It tastes great, just a little bit sweet (very little)
- They come in small individual 2.7 oz bottles.
- I love to peel the lid off and just drink it straight from the bottle.
- It is gluten-free.
How do I know Yakult?
I grew up drinking it. These tiny bottles can be found in every grocery store and super market in Brazil. I have enjoyed the taste of Yakult since my early ages and I continue to enjoy it. Until this day, every time I visit my family back home my mom makes sure there is a pack of Yakult waiting for me in the fridge.
Unfortunately they are not that popular here in North America. When I was in Vancouver, BC I found them at the H Mart downtown. Here in Seattle I was so happy to see Yakult at the Uwajimaya store. These are both Asian grocery stores.
You can find out more about Yakult on their site, including the complete nutrition info and where to find it in the US.
I hope you get to try it and if you do, let me know what you think!