So last week Andrew and I hosted our first Holiday Party. We hope to make it an annual tradition, as there is nothing better than having good friends with some good food and drinks to enjoy. And December is the perfect month for that.
When it came to planning the food, there were a few things to consider.
- We had about 20 people in our guest list, and although we knew not everyone would show up, I still wanted to be well prepared in terms of snacks.
- The other thing to consider was the time of the party. This was an after-office type of get together, starting at 5:00pm, and since we live very close to the office, we expected people to come straight from work (which meant it would be dinner time for most of us).
- We also knew that there were going to be a few vegetarians among the crowd (besides the hostess...) and wanted to make sure everyone had enough choices.
- We also had to keep in mind the fact that we don't have enough plates and cutlery for everyone so everything had to be finger-food style.
- Lastly, we had to keep in mind...budget. Need to say more?
So the plan was to make simple yet tasty snacks that would please a diverse, hungry crowd without braking the bank. So let's get to it:
Holiday Party List of Appetizers:
Peas & Mint Bruschetta
Blue Cheese, Honey & Fig Bruschetta
Brazilian Cheese Bread
Sausage in Puff Pastry
Sweet & Spicy Linguica
Roasted Potato Bites
Spicy Rosemary Cashews
Ants in a Log
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
I will list the recipes on individual posts, just because I want to have them labeled individually, I think it will be easier to search in the future. So keep reading, the first one is coming up very shortly!
Find the recipe for those yummy soft choc chip cookies here.